There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget
Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sun, sand, and coffee!

I had my first Boracay trip this month --- thanks to the convincing powers of a dear friend. :) Bora was not really at the top of my list of travel destinations for this year. It’s basically because of two reasons: 1) I think it’s too commercialized 2) it’s crowded.

I badly needed a break too so I decided to go… and I’m glad I did. T’was fun walking in the long stretch of white sand on a weekday!



One morning, while walking, we saw a signage for cellphone repair services and had a good laugh at it. The arrow is pointing to the sea --- so in case your phone got wet or something, you have to swim first to Caticlan to have it fixed. :) Just kidding… 
IMG_7589

We stayed at the Grand Boracay Resort. It’s a cozy, simple-yet-classy triple A rated hotel located at the heart of D’Mall, Station 2. (Sidenote: HBO aired Gremlins 2 thrice during our stay there. I love Gizmo!)

Come to think of it, had Bora not been that commercialized, I might not be able to enjoy my favorite drink while sitting on the powdery white beach sand.

The sun + white sand + a tall espresso java chip frappuccino = a perfect beach bumming experience!

IMG_7641_blog

Now, here’s my share of the Bora sunset… enjoy!
IMG_7652_blog

To my travel buddies, let’s schedule another trip to Bora! :)
More pictures at my multiply site.

8 comments:

ganns said...

Glad you had a great time. You deserve it!

Ros Edralin said...

thanks ganns! :)

laarni lopez said...

bwahahahahhaah! love the Cellphone Repair sign! hehehehe!
i want to go to bora too! is it okay to go there even if it's not the peak season?

Ros Edralin said...

hi Laarni, yeah I believe so... Bora activities are all-year-round so for as long as the weather's great, go go go! :)

Zsashi said...

I can still hear Gizmo humming in my head...LOL. Glad you joined this kalad trip with me. You were such a sport for a Bora first timer! Too bad we weren't able to do much but bum around :-p

Ros Edralin said...

Zsashi - i heart beach bumming :) we'll try other activities next time when our other kalad friends join us. imagine if it was just you and me trying the water activities... well, good luck banana boat! LOL.

peenkfrik said...

I have the same reasons for not being able to visit this place yet but I'm not closing doors....

Starbucks on the beach sounds a good idea. ;)

Ros Edralin said...

@peenkfrik - yup, you should go there sometime. just avoid the peak season.... unless you want to join the crowd :) they say that Bora has one of the best sunsets in the world.

About Me

Read more of my articles here:

Read more of my articles here:
Check out the latest on Ayala Land's Philippine News and Lifestyle site!

Followers