There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget
Friday, July 27, 2012

Moringa Days at the Manor, Camp John Hay





July is my favorite month. It's that time of the year when I'm the oldest I've ever been, and the youngest I'll ever be. At this time of the year also my friends and I get to enjoy the much-awaited rainy season promo rates at the Manor Hotel in Camp John Hay, Baguio City. Thumbs up for weekend Baguio weather love! :)


 


Room rates are at 50% off from mid-June to mid-October every year. Book now!


 Introducing, my new addiction..... the Moringa Citrus Tea. 
I finally got the name right! haha! 
(-- I used to call it muranggi, and a friend of mine simply calls it the lobby tea.)

Free Moringa Citrus Tea served at the lobby from 7AM to 10PM, daily.

The Moringa Citrus Tea (that's "malunggay with calamansi" in Filipino) is surprisingly refreshing. I used to think that a drink made out of malunggay leaves will have some sort of a bitter after taste. I think I consumed more than 10 mugs of this drink over the weekend. It was really good --- and healthy too :)

Here are the benefits from the continuous intake of the moringa tea:
(Source: http://leafpower.wordpress.com/moringa-benefits/)

1. Increases the Natural Defenses of the body
2. Provides nourishment to the eyes and the brain.
3. Promotes metabolism with bio-available ingredients
4. Promotes the Cell structure of the body
5. Promotes natural Serum cholesterol.
6. Lowers the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
7. Promotes the normal functioning of the liver and the kidney.
8. Beautifies the skin
9. Promotes energy
10. Promotes proper digestion
11. Acts as an antioxidant
12. Takes care of the immune system of the body
13. Promotes healthy circulatory system
14. It is an anti-inflammatory
15. Gives a feeling of general wellness
16. Supports the normal sugar levels of the body.


The Manor sells it at Php500 for 2kg of Moringa Citrus Tea (in powder form). I bought a bag for pasalubong.. Mom liked it too! (check! --- more reason for me to keep on coming back to Baguio.. haha) 

We have a malunggay tree at home. I wonder if the drink will taste the same if I use fresh leaves and fresh calamansi. I'll probably try that one of these days. Cheers! :)



2 comments:

Jeyps said...

Good luck sa pag try ng crushed malunggay leaves and calamansi.

Ros Edralin said...

Thanks Jeyps! sana successful.. if not, i'll just buy it again at the Manor. haha... ^_^

About Me

Read more of my articles here:

Read more of my articles here:
Check out the latest on Ayala Land's Philippine News and Lifestyle site!

Followers