There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget
Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Oatmeal Diet



Today marks the start of my 7-day oatmeal diet. I dropped by the grocery yesterday to buy skim milk, muscovado sugar, and a big pack of the glorious rolled oats. Boring, yes I know. I intentionally prepared it simple for my first day and, heck no! I won’t last for 7 days eating just this. I’m gonna make a trip to the grocery again this afternoon, after my gym time, to complete my line up of toppings: apple, banana, cinnamon, berries, walnuts, and almonds. These should make me feel that I won't be deprived of good food for the whole week… in variety, but mixed in moderation of course.

Oatmeal is considered as a health food and is proven to reduce cholesterol levels, promote weight loss, and lower the risk of cancer. I personally prefer rolled oats over quick oats or those sold as instant oats. Rolled oats are more chewy. Texture is good plus it’s all natural. Instant oats are already mixed with different varieties of sugar so if you’re aiming for weight loss, stay away from it.

Nuff said, now here’s my breakfast... so help me God.

Plain rolled oats with skim milk and muscovado sugar

 Jamba Juice, I beg you, please open a branch in Makati or Ortigas...


0 comments:

About Me

Read more of my articles here:

Read more of my articles here:
Check out the latest on Ayala Land's Philippine News and Lifestyle site!

Followers