There was an error in this gadget
There was an error in this gadget
Friday, August 31, 2012

Cake Heaven: Vizco's Restaurant and Cake Shop in Baguio


For about 3 (or 4?) years now, Baguio has been my favorite go to place when I want to escape from the noise of Manila. While most friends can't seem to dig why we always go there when all we do is to sleep most of the time, my Baguio buddies and I are just addicted to the place. It's hard to explain, really, like we're in a magic spell of some sort.. and oh, it's partly because of the pillows, bedsheets and comforters too. :)

Every year, when strawberries are in season, we make it a point to drop by Vizco's along Session Road. Their Strawberry Shortcake is really yummy. Last weekend, our cravings led us to that cake shop in Session Road again and we were very happy to see that the strawberry shortcake is available. As a bonus, we also learned that they're now selling Red Velvet cakes too!

..And so the cake night! Haha! I forgot to take pictures of the cakes fresh right out of the box. So here it is 10 minutes after... (Photo taken from my Blackberry)


As expected, the Strawberry Shortcake is a hit! The red velvet cake is moist unlike the ones we've tried in Manila. My friend suggests that adding more cream cheese will help improve it. I'm satisfied with the taste though. It's not too sweet, just right; and the texture is perfect. At least when strawberries are out of season, I still have something to look forward to. :)


Yeah yeah yeah... Cakes are sugar bombs and so cake nights shouldn't be done regularly. After indulging in cake heaven, reality kicks in.. Time to hit the gym!

When in Baguio, do check it out:

Vizco's Restaurant and Cake Shop

Store Hours:
Mon - Thu:   7:00 am-10:00 pm
Fri - Sat:7:00 am-11:00 pm
Sun:7:00 am-10:00 pm


0 comments:

About Me

Read more of my articles here:

Read more of my articles here:
Check out the latest on Ayala Land's Philippine News and Lifestyle site!

Followers